Sunday, April 13, 2008

I would subscribe to any politician's blog who follows my idea.

Quick rant about politicians. I'm reading the article Administration Set to Use New Spy Program in U.S. on The Washington Post which was shared with me by Co-contributer Shane via Slashdot. I'll let you make your own decision about the article.

The article has a passage in it which made me think:

"There is no basis to suggest that this process is in any way insufficient to protect the privacy and civil liberties of Americans," Chertoff wrote to Reps. Bennie G. Thompson (D-Miss.) and Jane Harman (D-Calif.), chairmen of the House Homeland Security Committee and its intelligence subcommittee, respectively, in letters released yesterday.

"I think we've fully addressed anybody's concerns," Chertoff added in remarks last week to bloggers. "I think the way is now clear to stand it up and go warm on it."


I believe that what they are saying is that he said this in a conference with some bloggers. The way it is used implies he responded to all bloggers. This is wrong. I'm a blogger. If you're reading this you're a blogger. Some people dogs are bloggers. The point is everyone is a blogger. I think that politicians should be responsible for responding to everyone.

How about we make every politician write a paragraph summarizing why they are voting for every proposal they have to vote on. Let's make them bloggers too. Then they actually are talking to everyone, and they become more responsible since they actually have to show something to the general public. The only people who wouldn't want that are the politicians; but who decided they get to be in change?

0 comments: